I Love Burnsville Week: Calendar of Events
The annual I Love Burnsville Week officially started with the Communitywide Garage Sale on May 18 and 19 and continues from June 2 to 9 with a wide range of events.
Following is the schedule of events for the festival in Burnsville.
Saturday, June 2
• I Love Burnsville 5K – Starts and finishes at Nicollet Commons Park. Awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in the following age categories: 8 and under, 9-11, 12-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 and over. Register online at www.burnsville.org/recreation or call (952) 895-4500. Registration begins at 7 a.m. Race starts at 8:15 a.m. walkers at 8:20 a.m. Cost: $20 – includes a T-shirt
• Walk with the Mayor (this will be in conjunction with the 5K) 8:20 a.m. – Nicollet Commons Park, enjoy the sights and sounds of the Heart of the City with Mayor Elizabeth Kautz, friends, family and neighbors.
• Yoga in the Park – 10 a.m.-11 am, Nicollet Commons Park, a certified instructor will lead the class, appropriate for all skill levels and all ages. Wear comfortable clothing, and bring your own mat if possible.
• Appliances/Electronics Drop-Off Event – 9 a.m.-2 p.m. City of Burnsville Maintenance Facility, 13713 Frontier Court, www.dakotavalleyrecycling.org
• Softball Tournament – Open to all D/E men’s teams and D women’s teams, Lac Lavon softball complex. Registration deadline is Wednesday, May 30 at 12 p.m. For more information contact Garrett Beck at (952) 895-4516.
Monday, June 4
• Intro to Pickle Ball – 10 a.m.-1 p.m., North River Hills Park, all ages. Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. The sport is played on a court with the same dimensions as a doubles badminton court. The net is similar to a tennis net, but is two inches lower. The game is played with a hard paddle and a polymer whiffle ball. Paddles and balls will be provided.
Tuesday, June 5
• Charlie Crichton Memorial Presentation – Alimagnet Dog Park, 5:30 p.m.
• Essay Contest Awards – The “Why I Love Burnsville Essay Contest” recognizes the best third-grade compositions at 6:30 p.m. City Council Meeting. US Federal Credit Union of Burnsville is offering $50 to three winners and their schools. Open to all third-grade Burnsville residents.
Wednesday, June 6
• YMCA Senior Open House, 13850 Portland Avenue South, Burnsville – Free admission for adults 55-plus. Call (952) 898-9622 for hours.
• Behind the Badge –Workshop for Adults 62-plus on public safety, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at City Hall. There is no cost but registration is required by contacting Amber Jacobson at (952) 895-4575.
• Mountain Bike Race – Buck Hill Registration: 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. Race time: 6:30 p.m. Fee: $5 gets you into the Beginner class (approximately 20-minute race), while $10 gets you into the Recreational (40-minute race) or Advanced (1-hour) class and there is a free kids’ race. Call (952) 888-1427 for more info.
Thursday, June 7
• Rockin’ Lunch Hour – Nicollet Commons, Kidz Dance will perform, 12 noon
• Summer in the Woods – Nature Walk for 62-plus 8 a.m. at Alimagnet Park. Expect to walk about 1 mile on a dirt trail with some small hills. Call (952) 895-4575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
• Burnsville Senior Center Ice Cream Social at the Burnsville Senior Center, 2 -5 p.m., Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Parkway
• THE GARAGE – Meltdown, doors open at 5 p.m. $5 pre-sale/$8 door, Dubstep DJ Dance Party, Rap on the Main Stage Featuring Just Say Yes, Hardcore in the Lounge, Acoustic Outdoor Stage
Friday, June 8
• Golf Tournament – Birnamwood Golf Course, registration deadline, June 1, tournament start time, 5:30 p.m. Sign up at www.birnamwoodgolfcourse.com
• THE GARAGE – Meltdown, doors open at 5 p.m. $5 pre-sale/$8 door, Dubstep DJ Dance Party, Pop on the Main Stage Featuring Give It Up, Hardcore in the Lounge, Acoustic Outdoor Stage
• FRIDAYFEST – Nicollet Commons Park, food, entertainment
• Best Pizza in Burnsville Contest – The Burnsville Jaycees contest from 6-8 p.m. Cost: $5/person
• Entertainment on the Plaza, 7-8:30 p.m.
• Friday Night Flicks on the Bricks – Movie “Hachi: A Dog’s Tale” show starts at dusk.
Saturday, June 9
• Rhythm & Words: Family Music & Book Festival – 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Burnsville Performing Arts Center, 12600 Nicollet Avenue. Dakota County Library will present a free day of fun most appropriate for kids age 10 and younger. Featuring live music, authors, music demonstrations and more.
• THE GARAGE – Meltdown, doors open at 5 p.m. $5 pre-sale/$8 door, Dubstep DJ Dance Party, Indie on the Main Stage, Metal in the Lounge Featuring Brothers Loyalty, SMB, Royal Ace, Everyman A King, Acoustic Outdoor Stage