To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Aug. 10
Outdoor movie, “Gnomeo and Juliet,” 7:30 p.m. seating, dusk showtime, part of Burnsville’s “Flicks on the Bricks” series at Nicollet Commons Park in the Heart of the City.
Summer Fresh Friday Film, “Farm to School: Growing our Future,” 6 to 8 p.m. at Valley Natural Foods, 13750 County Road 11, Burnsville. Information: (952) 891-1212, ext. 221.
Saturday, Aug. 11
Breakfast with Minnesota Twins players, 9 to 10 a.m. at the Chart House Restaurant in Lakeville. Register to win autographed Twins merchandise, bid in a live auction. Proceeds benefit Cheerful Givers birthday gift bag program. Breakfast/admission tickets are $30. VIP/breakfast tickets are $60. Space is limited. Register at http://cgtwinsbreakfast12.eventbrite.com/.
Monday, Aug. 13
NAMI Dakota County meeting at 7 p.m. at Mary, Mother of the Church, 3333 Cliff Road, Burnsville. This is an informational meeting including registration for the NAMIWalk in September. All are welcome. Information: www.nami.org/sites/namidakotacounty.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
Family Fun Tuesday – Minnesota Bluegrass for Kids with the Okee Dokee Brothers, 10 to 11 a.m. in the Sculpture Garden at Caponi Art Park, Eagan. $4 per person donation is suggested. Information: (651) 454-9412 or www.caponiartpark.org.
Tuesday Evenings in the Garden – Hypertufa Garden Art with Cheryl Mann, 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the garden at UMore Park, 1605 160th St. W. (County Road 46), Rosemount. Create a garden mushroom that has an aged, concrete appearance and is light weight. Fee: $25. Questions or to register by phone, call University of Minnesota Extension: (651) 480-7700.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
Eagan Market Fest, 4 to 8 p.m., Eagan Festival Grounds. Health & Wellness Night featuring free health screenings and information, fitness try-it stations, cooking demo, free kids’ art, family games and more. Information: www.cityofeagan.com/marketfest or (651) 675-5500.
Power Divorce event, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Summit Executive Suites, 1500 McAndrews Road W., Burnsville. Spend 15 minutes one-on-one with each of six different experts in the family law profession. Free. Sponsored by Divorce Financial Directions of Burnsville. To reserve a spot, call Terryl Johnson at (952) 431-0805.
Thursday, Aug. 16
Thursday Rockin’ Readers – Edward Neill Principal Elizabeth Vaught, 11:15 a.m., Nicollet Commons Park, 12600 Nicollet Ave., Burnsville. Free.
Thursday Rockin’ Lunch Hour – Hans Mayer Music for Kids, noon, Nicollet Commons Park, 12600 Nicollet Ave., Burnsville. Free.
Saturday, Aug. 18
Open house from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Lexington Pet Clinic, 4250 Lexington Ave. S., Eagan. Bouncy house, tours of the clinic, animals from Sea Life Aquarium, Koi Club, face painting, Wags and Whiskers, and prizes. Dogs welcome. Free. Information: www.lexingtonpetclinic.com.
Sunday, Aug. 19
Open house from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Lutz Railroad Garden, 2960 Egan Ave., Eagan. Free. Trains will not run if raining. Information: (651) 454-3534.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Aug. 10, 12:30 to 5:30 p.m., Easter Lutheran Church – By The Lake, 4545 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan.
• Aug. 10, noon to 5 p.m., Culver’s, 17800 Kenwood Trail, Lakeville.
• Aug. 11, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Dakota County Fair, 4008 220th St. W., Farmington.
• Aug. 13, 1 to 6 p.m., Heritage Lutheran Church, 13401 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley.
• Aug. 13, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Rosemount High School, 3335 142nd St. W., Rosemount.
• Aug. 13, 12:30 to 6:30 p.m., Scott County Library, 100 J. Roberts Way, Elko New Market.
• Aug. 14, 1:30 to 6:30 p.m., District 191 Community Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Parkway, Suite 102, Burnsville.
• Aug. 14, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., CrossRoads Church, 4100 Lexington Way, Eagan.
• Aug. 15, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Prince of Peace Community Life Center, 13901 Fairview Drive, Burnsville.
• Aug. 15, 3 to 8 p.m., Eagan Community Center, 1501 Central Parkway, Eagan.
• Aug. 16, noon to 6 p.m., St. James Lutheran Church, 3650 Williams Drive, Burnsville.
• Aug. 16, noon to 5 p.m., St. Martha & Mary Episcopal Church, 4180 Lexington Ave. S., Eagan.
• Aug. 17, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wings Financial Credit Union, 14985 Glazier Ave., Apple Valley.
• Aug. 17, 2 to 8 p.m., Carmike 15 Theatres, 15630 Cedar Ave., Apple Valley.
• Aug. 18, 10:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville.
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), a national Christian nondenominational program for mothers with children birth-kindergarten, will meet twice a month from September through May at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Burnsville. MOPS moms need not be members of the church to join. The group offers participants a way to connect with other moms, form friendships, seek parenting advise, and learn more about Christian life. Registration is being accepted and on-site day care is provided for a small fee on a first-come, first-served basis. Information/registration: (952) 898-9356 or email MOPS@princeofpeaceonline.org.