Farmington Library events planned
The Farmington Library, 508 Third St., has planned the following events. Call (651) 438-0250 for more information.
• Teen Advisory Group, 6 to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8.
• Teens – Know Your Money: Save, Spend, and Protect Your Money, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8. Learn how to make smart choices to buy what you want, make investments now that will pay off big later, and protect yourself from identify theft. Parents are encouraged to attend.
• Teen Library Day, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9. Drop in for a variety of activities including games, crafts, readings, discussion and more.
• Author Atina Diffley, 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10. Diffley will share “Turn Here, Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works,” a memoir, class in organic farming, lesson in entrepreneurship, love story and legal thriller. Books will be available for purchase and signing.
• Storytime for All Ages, 10:30 to 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 12. Stories and activities for mixed-age audiences such as child-care groups and families.
• Microsoft Excel, 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13. This computer class covers the basics of using this spreadsheet software through the example of a family budget. Registration required.