Register for the following Rosemount Parks and Recreation program online at www.ci.rosemount.mn.us, at the parks and recreation office, or call (651) 322-6000 for more information.
• Halloween Costume Exchange: Drop off “gently used” costumes by Friday, Oct. 5, and receive a costume exchange voucher. Redeem voucher for a different “used” costume on Monday, Oct. 8, or Wednesday, Oct. 10, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Rosemount Community Center, 13885 S. Robert Trail (room 204).
• Friday Night Live, for youths in grades six to eight, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26. Halloween party at the Rosemount Community Center with music, dancing and games. Concessions will be available for a nominal fee. Come dressed in a costume – prizes will be awarded. Cost is $2 or free with donation of two non-perishable food items.
• Halloween Trail, for preschool through middle-school aged youths, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. The trail will begin at the Park and Ride parking lot on Highway 3, wind its way through Central Park and exit on 145th Street. Volunteers will pass out candy; donations will be accepted at the trail entrance. Participants should wear a Halloween costume and dress for the weather.
• Radical Racers, grades two through six, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, room 204, Rosemount Community Center. Build a Radical Racer while investigating force, motion, transfer of energy and more. Then compete to find out which cars are the fastest and discover which design makes a better racer. Cost is $19.
• Fun with Duct Tape and Clay, ages 5 to 11, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19, room 204, Rosemount Community Center. Create “angry ducts” using duct tape and make a duct tape bag and luggage tags. Make a plaque, holiday ornaments, and sculpt a bear out of clay. Bring a bag lunch, beverage and snack. Cost is $63.