To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Nov. 9
Veterans Day Recognition Assembly, 9 a.m. at Eagan High School main gymnasium, 4185 Braddock Trail, Eagan. Social hour, 8:15 a.m., with coffee, doughnuts and bagels in the student commons. Parking will be reserved for veterans in the lower student lot. No RSVP required.
Saturday, Nov. 10
Refuse to Be a Victim class for high school and college students from 9 a.m. to noon at Lakeville North High School, Lecture Room 248, 19600 Ipava Ave., Lakeville. Cost: $25. Register at https://secure.revtrak.net/lakeville/tek9.asp?pg=adult_enrichmen.
Sunday, Nov. 11
Pancake breakfast by the Farmington Knights of Columbus, 9 a.m. to noon, Church of St. Michael, 22120 Denmark Ave., Farmington. Pancakes, French toast, sausage, scrambled eggs, coffee, juice and water served. Good-will offerings accepted.
Fundraiser for Community Cares Food Bank from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings, Lakeville. A total of 15 percent of all food purchases will go to Community Cares Food Bank. Stop in and mention that you would like to support Community Cares Food Bank.
Monday, Nov. 12
Critical Conversations, 7 to 8 p.m., Rosemount United Methodist Church, 14770 Canada Ave., Rosemount. Seminar about having discussions with family members and elders about driving, health, independence and dying. Presented by licensed social worker Lynn Cibuzar. Refreshments will be served. Free.
Wednesday, Nov. 14
Gluten-Free for the Holidays, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Valley Natural Foods, 13750 County Road 11, Burnsville. Cost: $27/members, $32/nonmembers. To register, call (952) 891-1212, ext. 221, or visit valleynaturalfoods.com.
Saturday, Nov. 17
Holiday bazaar by the Rosemount United Methodist Women, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 14770 Canada Ave., Rosemount, (651) 423-2475. Soup and pie available for purchase from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bazaar and Bistro, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Heritage Lutheran Church, 13401 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley, (952) 431-6225.
Turkey Bingo by the Farmington Knights of Columbus, 6:30 to 9 p.m. at Church of St. Michael, 22120 Denmark Ave., Farmington. Sloppy Joe dinner served at 5:30 p.m. Cost: $6 per person or $20 per family.
Sunday, Nov. 18
Free practice ACT test, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sylvan Learning, 170 Cobblestone Lane, Burnsville. Bring a calculator. Reservations: (952) 435-6603. To receive test results, parents must be present at a follow-up appointment.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Nov. 9, noon to 6 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, 12600 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley.
• Nov. 9, 12:30 to 6:30 p.m., Easter Lutheran Church – By the Lake, 4545 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan.
• Nov. 10, 10:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Nov. 10, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Culver’s, 3445 O’Leary Lane, Eagan.
• Nov. 12, 1 to 6 p.m., Christian Life Center, Prince of Peace Church, Burnsville.
• Nov. 12, noon to 6 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church, 1930 Diffley Road, Eagan.
• Nov. 13, 1:30 to 6:30 p.m., District 191 Community Education, 200 W. Burnsville Parkway, Suite 102, Burnsville.
• Nov. 14, 2 to 7 p.m., Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 151 E. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Nov. 16, noon to 5 p.m., Valley Christian Church, 17297 Glacier Way, Rosemount.
• Nov. 16, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Alto Chiropractic, 19950 Dodd Blvd., Lakeville.
Operation Christmas Child National Collection Week, Nov. 12-19: Prince of Peace, 13801 Fairview Drive, Burnsville; Grace Slavic Church of Eagan, 1985 Diffley Road, Eagan; River Valley Church, 14898 Energy Way, Apple Valley; Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 16200 Dodd Lane, Lakeville. Drop-off hours/information: (612) 359-7025 or www.samaritanspurse.org/occ.