To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: email@example.com.
Friday, Nov. 30
Lakeville South Spectacular Science Show, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the school auditorium, 21135 Jacquard Ave., Lakeville. Admission: $1 per person, $5 family maximum. Information: www.southchemistry.com/ or (952) 232-3404.
Saturday, Dec. 1
Book fair by the Friends of Robert Trail Library, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. at the Barnes & Noble store at Fischer Marketplace in Apple Valley. Information: Jo Gilbertson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 344-2074.
Scrapbook/Project Day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Elko New Market Library, Cost: $15, includes large table for the day, Subway lunch, snacks and water. Adults only. Cash or check due to Elko New Market Friends of the Library on the day of the event. Register by Monday, Nov. 26, at the library or by emailing FriendsoftheENMLibrary@gmail.com.
Sunday, Dec. 2
Twin Cities School of Rock fundraiser for the Youth Music Education Foundation, noon to 3 p.m., O’Gara’s Shanty, 164 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul. Students from the Burnsville school will participate by performing a tribute to Van Halen. Recommended donation: $10. Event includes a raffle and silent auction. Information: http://burnsville.schoolofrock.com/event/rock-n-raffle-scholarship-fundraiser.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
Coffee with the Cops, 9:30 a.m., fifth floor dining room, Augustana-Apple Valley Villa, 14650 Garrett Ave., Apple Valley. Sgt. Mark Deming of the Apple Valley Police Department will speak about safe holiday shopping. Coffee and doughnuts served.
Thursday, Dec. 6
Holiday Boutique and Bake Sale, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Burnsville Senior Center, Diamondhead Education Center, 296 W. Burnsville Parkway, Burnsville. Information: (952) 707-4120.
Friday, Dec. 7
Forever Wild Family Friday: Try Kicksledding, 7 to 8 p.m., Lebanon Hills Regional Park, 860 Cliff Road, Eagan. Free. Registration required: http://parks.co.dakota.mn.us, course No. 4269.
Saturday, Dec. 8
Free P90x Group Fit Club by Skybound Fitness, 9 a.m., Eagan Community Center, 1501 Central Parkway, Eagan; and 4 p.m., Grand Hall Studio, 217 Oak St., Farmington. Bring a towel and bottle of water. Free sample of meal replacement shake available after class.
Holiday craft sale by the Eagan Girl Scouts, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Woodland Elementary School gym, 945 Wescott Road, Eagan.
“A Hopeful Light for Advent” women’s retreat, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Mary, Mother of the Church, 3333 Cliff Road, Burnsville. Cost $10, includes lunch and materials. Register by Dec. 3. Information: (952) 890-0045 or www.mmotc.org.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Nov. 23, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Caribou Coffee, 14638 Cedar Ave., Apple Valley.
• Nov. 23, 1:30 to 6:30 p.m., Carmike 15 Theatres, 15630 Cedar Ave., Apple Valley.
• Nov. 23, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., St. Martha & Mary Episcopal Church, 4180 Lexington Ave. S., Eagan.
• Nov. 24, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan.
• Nov. 27, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Apple Valley Medical Center, 14655 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley.
• Nov. 29, 8 a.m. to noon, Dakota County Western Service Center, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley.
• Nov. 29, 10:30 to 3:30 p.m., Minnesota School of Business, 17685 Juniper Path, Lakeville.
• Nov. 29, 1 to 7 p.m., Church of St. Michael, 22120 Denmark Ave., Farmington.
• Nov. 30, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Associated Bank, 1270 Yankee Doodle Road, Eagan.
Memorial Blood Centers will hold the following blood drive. For more information, call (888) 448-3253 or visit www.MBC.org.
• Nov. 29, 12:30 to 6:30 p.m., Lifetime Fitness, 1565 Thomas Center Drive, Eagan.