The 10 elementary schools in Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 have scheduled kindergarten orientations for parents/guardians whose children will be starting kindergarten next fall. They are:
• Rahn Arts & Technology Elementary: Tuesday, Jan. 8, at 6:30 p.m.
• William Byrne STEM Elementary: Thursday, Jan. 10, at 6:30 p.m.
• Sky Oaks Elementary: Tuesday, Jan. 15, at 6:30 p.m.
• Harriet Bishop Gifted & Talented Elementary: Thursday, Jan. 17, at 6:30 p.m.
• Sioux Trail Elementary: Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 6:30 p.m.
• Edward Neill Elementary, Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 6 p.m.
• Marion W. Savage Elementary: Thursday, Jan. 24, at 6 p.m.
• Gideon Pond Elementary: Monday, Jan. 28, at 6:30 p.m.
• Vista View Elementary: Tuesday, Jan. 29, at 6 p.m.
• Hidden Valley Elementary: Thursday, Jan. 31, at 6 p.m.
Sessions are for parents only, except at Harriet Bishop, Edward Neill, M.W. Savage and Gideon Pond where children are invited to attend.
Parents can learn in which attendance boundaries they live by using the District 191 SchoolFinder online at www.isd191.org.
Children who will be 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2013, are eligible to start kindergarten in September. Parents/guardians will receive a kindergarten registration packet at kindergarten orientation sessions. Completed packets should be returned to the District 191 Welcome Center, located at the Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Parkway.
Those unable to attend an orientation, can register their student at the Welcome Center between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. For more information, contact the Welcome Center at (952) 707-4180 or email@example.com.
State law requires that children complete an early childhood screening prior to starting school. This can be done by the school district at no cost to families. Call (952) 707-4100 to schedule an appointment.