The Friends of the Wescott Library will sponsor the 2013 Wescott Library Home School Science Series. These free programs for home-schoolers in grades one through six will be held at 2 p.m. in the large meeting room downstairs at the Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan.
• Jan. 15 – Science Museum of Minnesota – Following the Evidence. Children will examine fingerprints, fibers, shoe prints, hair and chemicals to follow the evidence and solve a mystery.
• Feb. 11 – Mad Science of Minnesota – Phantastic Physics. Have fun with physics as Newton’s Laws of Motion are put to the test.
• March 11 – The Bakken Museum – Nano Nano – The Science of Small. Students will be introduced to the world at the nanoscale, home to some of today’s most cutting edge science.
• April 8 – The Bell Museum – Creepy Crawly Insects. Find out the role insects play in keeping the world healthy, green and growing.
• May 13 – The Raptor Center – Four Raptors Plus Eagle. A raptor education specialist, three live raptors and an eagle will be on hand for this program.
Call (651) 450-2900 for more information.