Burnhaven Library events
Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville, has planned the following activities. For more information, call (952) 891-0300.
• Drum Fun and Vocals, Too, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 3. Leonard King Jr. will demonstrate rhythms that have been cultivated by African-Americans from the late 1800s to today. A Black History Month program. A Minnesota Legacy program. All ages. No registration required.
• Make and Take Mardi Gras Masks, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4. Make the most outrageous, glittery, feathery and fun Mardi Gras masks ever. Ages: 4 to 15. No registration required.
• Based on the Book, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5. Read the book, join us for the movie, and stay for the discussion afterwards, if desired. February’s title is “My Dog Skip” (rated PG) by Willie Morris. Bring a bag supper. Popcorn provided. All ages, with parental guidance. No registration required.
• Minnesota Center for Book Arts, 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15. Participants will learn to make a 4×6-inch photo album using basic binding and gluing techniques. Ages 16 and older. Registration required, starting Feb. 1.
• Author Peter Geye, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19. The Minneapolis author will talk about his books “Lighthouse Road” and “Safe From the Sea.” No registration required.
• Legos and Duplos at the Library, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25. Ages: 2 to 12. No registration required.