The Dakota County Board of Commissioners receives advice from a variety of volunteer committees. Positions are available on the following citizen advisory committees:
• Dakota-Scott Workforce Investment Board – Meets monthly on the third Friday in West St. Paul.
• Extension Committee – Meets bi-monthly in Farmington.
• Human Services Advisory Committee – Meets monthly in West St. Paul.
• Library Board – Meets monthly at varying locations.
• Personnel Board of Appeals – Meets for full-day or half-day hearings as needed in Hastings.
• Planning Commission – Meets monthly or as necessary in Apple Valley.
• Special Board of Appeal and Equalization – Meets every June in Apple Valley.
Dakota County residents interested in serving on a committee can call (651) 438-4418 for an application. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and are kept on file for one year. Incumbents may be eligible for reappointment.
For information on committees, commissioner districts and specific qualifications, visit www.co.dakota.mn.us/Government/CAC/Pages.