To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: email@example.com.
Sunday, Feb. 17
Free practice ACT test, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sylvan Learning, 170 Cobblestone Lane, Burnsville. Bring a calculator. Reservations: (952) 435-6603. To receive test results, parents must be present at a follow-up appointment.
Thursday, Feb. 21
Free Alzheimer’s workshop, “Activities to Encourage Engagement,” 10 to 11:30 a.m., Home Instead Senior Care, 1600 E. Cliff Road, Burnsville. RSVP: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5169363706# or (952) 882-9300.
Feeding Your Dog for Life, 7 p.m. in the conference room at New Market Public Library. Speaker: Dr. Ronald Gaskin of Main Street Veterinary Service. Free. Information: (952) 461-2765, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Feb. 22
Fish fry by the Rosemount Knights of Columbus, 6 p.m., Church of St. Joseph Social Hall, 13900 Biscayne Ave. W., Rosemount. Free-will offering accepted.
Saturday, Feb. 23
Boy Scout Troop Fundraiser and Memorabilia Show, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., St. James Lutheran Church, 3650 Williams Drive, Burnsville. Trade, sell or buy Scout memorabilia. Silent auction items from local businesses. Free appraisals of Scout items. Free admission. Proceeds benefit Boy Scout Troop 445. Information: Bob at (952) 894-2720 or email@example.com.
South Metro Polar Bear Plunge, noon, Crystal Beach, 1100 Crystal Lake Road E., Burnsville. Cost: $75. Proceeds benefit Special Olympics. Information: www.plungemn.org.
A Minnesota DNR Firearm Safety Training class will be offered at Rosemount Middle School, 3135 143rd St. W., with registration at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25. Classes will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. March 5, 12, 20, April 2, 9, 16, 24, 30. Range day: Saturday, April 27. Fee: $7.50. A parent or legal guardian must accompany student the first night of class. Student must be age 11 to participate. Information: Mike at (952) 884-8001.
COSA, a 12-step fellowship for those who have been affected by a loved one’s compulsive sexual behavior, meets from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. Wednesdays in Apple Valley. This is a women’s-only meeting. Information: (612) 392-6722 or www.COSA-Recovery.org/states/Minnesota.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Feb. 16, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan.
• Feb. 18, 1 to 7 p.m., Knights of Columbus, Church of St. Joseph, 13900 Biscayne Ave. W., Rosemount.
• Feb. 19, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Dakota County Western Service Center, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley.
• Feb. 19, 12:30 to 6:30 p.m., Scott County Library – Market Village, 100 J. Roberts Way, Elko New Market.
• Feb. 20, 2 to 7 p.m., Heritage Library, 20085 Heritage Drive, Lakeville.
• Feb. 21, noon to 6 p.m., St. James Lutheran Church, 3650 Williams Drive, Burnsville.
• Feb. 21, 2 to 7 p.m., Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 151 E. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Feb. 22, noon to 5 p.m., Culver’s, 3445 O’Leary Lane, Eagan.
• Feb. 23, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Caribou Coffee, 14638 Cedar Ave., Apple Valley.