Eleven women will be honored with the 2013 Exceptional Businesswomen Award during a recognition ceremony and breakfast Tuesday, March 5, at Lost Spur Event Center and Golf Course in Eagan. Click here to read profile stories on all of the winners.
This year’s winners in the fourth class of Exceptional Businesswomen are:
• Sharon Hoffman Avent, Smead Manufacturing Company president and CEO, Hastings
• Ruthe Batulis, Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce president
• Catherine Byers Breet, ARBEZ Inc. owner, Eagan
• Jeanne Hutter, Lakeville Convention & Visitors Bureau director
• Rosealee Lee, Dakota County Technical College hospitality faculty member, Rosemount
• Debi McConnell, Medi-Car Auto Repair owner, Rosemount
• Patti McDonald, McDonald Eye Care Associates business administrator, Lakeville
• Susan McGaughey, Valley Natural Foods general manager, Burnsville
• Kristina Murto, Ensemble Creative & Marketing owner, Lakeville
• Linda Peterson, Beau Monde Salon owner, Burnsville
• Stacey Stratton, True Talent Group president, Apple Valley
The award, which has been given by the Dakota County Tribune and Sun Thisweek since 2010, recognizes women who have distinguished themselves in Dakota County business and community efforts.
Nominations were reviewed by a panel of judges from the Dakota County Tribune, Sun Thisweek and the Dakota County Technical College Foundation.
The event, which has previously been held in Lakeville, Apple Valley and Burnsville, will include a guest speaker and a chance to meet past and present Exceptional Businesswomen. Profiles of the winners are posted at www.SunThisweek.com.
A single ticket for the event costs $25. A table of eight may be purchased for $175.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.SunThisweek.com/exceptional-businesswomen.