Investigators unable to find cause of deadly house fire
After a two-month long investigation, Eagan fire officials say they were unable to determine the cause of a Jan. 22 house fire that killed a 33-year-old man.
Rodger Allen Yarusso was killed that cold Sunday morning when his four-unit townhome at 1527 Aspen Drive caught fire.
Yarusso’s two roomates were injured, but escaped.
Firefighters found Yarusso’s body inside. A Hennepin County coroner determined Yarusso died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Several pet snakes, birds and a dog were also killed in the blaze.
Investigators believe the fire started in the living room, but were unable to pinpoint an exact ignition source, said Eagan Fire Marshal Darrin Bramwell.
“There were multiple ignition sources that we were unable to rule out,” he said.
In addition to the deaths, the home was declared a total loss.