Farmington-based Boy Scout Troop 118 go camping
Boy Scout Troop 118, which is sponsored by the Farmington Lions Club, spent the weekend of March 15-17 camping at the 260-acre Fred C. Andersen Scout Camp on the St. Croix River near Houlton, Wisconsin.
The Fred C. Andersen camp is one of the oldest camps belonging to the Northern Star Council. The land for the camp was donated to the council by the St. Paul Rotary Club in 1928.
Troop 118 spent the weekend in the Good Medicine cabin, which was originally built as the camp’s dining hall in 1930. This cabin with its 10-foot wide stone fireplace has a full kitchen and upstairs loft with bunk beds and a balcony overlooking the dining hall below. A number of Scouts worked on their cooking along with rope making and Pioneering Merit Badge.
Scouts in attendance were; Adrew Carland, Caden Carlson, Owen Crabtree, Clayton Dorneman, Chris Erickson, Senior Patrol Leader Alex Gerold, Jacob Lesher, Kevin Lesher, Austin Long, and Clay Mewes. Leaders were; Michael Carland, Scott Crabtree, Paul Dorneman, Steve Krech, Walter Lang, Scoutmaster Ronald Long, and Chris Mewes.