The Heritage Library in Lakeville will host the following children’s programs:
• Kidpower with Rachael, 10:30-11:15 a.m. Monday, June 17. Music program for children of all ages and their caregivers on the lawn adjacent to Heritage Library.
• Marvelous Minnesota Scrapbooking with the Minnesota Historical Society, 1-3 p.m. Friday, June 21. Ages 10-16. Registration required.
• Magician Matt Dunn, 10:30-11:15 a.m. and 1-1:45 p.m. Monday, June 24. For children of all ages and their caregivers.
• Let’s Go Fishing Storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesday, June 26. For children up to age 6 and their caregivers.
• Book Bingo for Children, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, June 26. Children ages 6-12 can play bingo for gently used book prizes. Children may win up to three books to keep.
• Storytime for Babies, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday, June 28. Stories, songs and action rhymes for children up to 24 months of age and their caregivers and older siblings. The 20-minute program will be followed by open playtime with age-appropriate toys provided by the library.
• Waggin’ Tales Read to a Dog, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 29. Children ages 5-12 can read aloud to a certified therapy dog.
• Sand Painting with Abrakadoodle, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Monday, July 1. Art program for ages 5-14. Registration required.
• Spelling Bees for Children, 1-2:30 p.m. Monday, July 1. Children ages 7-11 can compete in spelling bees. Those who have completed grades two and three will compete, followed by children who have completed grades four and five. Prizes will be awarded to all competitors.
• Chapters and a Craft: The Adventures of Sir Givret the Short, 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 2. Children ages 5-12 can listen to the story of the unusual knight, then make their own shield as a souvenir.
• Crayola Fun Day, 10:30 to noon, Wednesday, July 3. A morning of coloring and drawing with Crayola crayons, markers, and colored pencils for children of all ages and their caregivers.
These library programs are free. For more information, call 952-891-0360.