To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: [email protected].
Friday, Oct. 4
Forever Wild Family Friday: The Talking Strings, 7-8:30 p.m., Lebanon Hills Visitor Center, 860 Cliff Road, Eagan. Explore the history and evolution of Gypsy music from the 17th century to today. All ages. Free. Registration requested at www.co.dakota.mn.us/parks.
Saturday, Oct. 5
“Honoring Choices” program about medical decisions and health care directives, 9-11 a.m., Rosemount United Methodist Church, 14770 Canada Ave. W., Rosemount. Speaker: 9:30 a.m. Sponsored by Rosemount UMC and Fairview Clinic. Free. Information: 651-423-2475, rosemountumc.org.
Wild Ride, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Lebanon Hills Regional Park, 4800 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Eagan. Ride the best mountain bike trails in the metro at the first-ever Lebanon Hills Mountain Bike Festival. Multiple bike demo trailers and local bike shops will be on hand for bike tune-ups, clinics, group rides and more. Free bike check-out available. All ages. Registration requested at www.co.dakota.mn.us/parks.
Pet vaccination clinic, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Windmill Feed & Pet Supply, 350 Main St., Elko New Market, 952-461-2765. Discounted fee for vaccinations, microchipping, heartworm testing and prevention. Bring pets on leashes or in carriers. A portion of proceeds will go to Windmill Animal Rescue.
Dance clinic for ages 4-14 by the Eastview High School dance team, 11:15 a.m. to 3 p.m., Eastview High School, 6200 140th St. W., Apple Valley. Registration: 10:30 a.m. Performance for family and friends at 3:15 p.m. and at EVHS Oct. 16 football game. Advance registration: $35 ($25 each additional family member). Same-day registration: $39. Information: lightningdanceteam.com.
Fall Pickleball Festival, 2-5 p.m., Apple Valley Senior Center, 14603 Hayes Road. Hosted by Dakota County Pickleball Club – Rosemount. Free. Food donations for the Rosemount Food Shelf appreciated.
Sunday, Oct. 6
Fall Festival, noon to 3 p.m., St. John’s Lutheran Church, 21065 Heath Ave., Lakeville. Bingo, pony rides and inflatable bouncer; food truck serving gourmet macaroni and cheese. Receive a raffle ticket good for prizes with a food shelf donation. Information: 952-469-4916.
Tuesday, Oct. 8
Community Spirit Toastmasters, 7 p.m., Ebenezer Ridges Care Center, 13820 Community Drive, Burnsville. New members welcome. The group meets weekly. Information: http://csburnsville.toastmastersclubs.org, email [email protected].
Wednesday, Oct. 9
Eagan Garden Club monthly meeting, 7-9 p.m., Eagan Municipal Center, 3830 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan. Topic will be “The Exotic Dahlia” by Sue Bagge.
Thursday, Oct. 10
District 194 levy information meeting, 7 p.m., Cherry View Elementary, 8600 175th St., Lakeville.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Oct. 8, 1-6 p.m., United Methodist Church, 14770 Canada Ave., Rosemount.
• Oct. 8, 1:30-7:30 p.m., Crossroads Church, 17671 Glacier Way, Lakeville.
• Oct. 10, 1-6 p.m., Mt. Olivet Assembly of God Church, 14201 Cedar Ave. S., Apple Valley.
• Oct. 11, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Church of the Risen Savior, 1501 E. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Oct. 11, 12:30-5:30 p.m., Easter Lutheran Church – By The Lake, 4545 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan.
• Oct. 11, noon to 6 p.m., Hosanna Lutheran Church, 9600 163rd St. W., Lakeville.
• Oct. 12, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Caribou Coffee, 3868 150th St., Rosemount.
• Oct. 12, 10:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Oct. 12, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Christiania Lutheran Church, 26691 Pillsbury Ave., Lakeville.
• Oct. 14, 2-7 p.m., Brunswick Zone XL, 11129 162nd St. W., Lakeville.
Memorial Blood Centers will hold the following blood drives. Call 888-GIVE-BLD or visit MBC.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Oct. 13, 9 a.m. to noon, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 20165 Heath Ave., Lakeville.
• Oct. 31, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Argosy University, 1515 Central Parkway, Eagan.