INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 191
SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
September 19, 2013
The meeting of the Board of Education was called to order by Chair Sweep at 6:30 p.m. at the Burnsville High School Senior Campus in the Diamondhead Education Center.
Members present: Directors VandenBoom, Luth, Schmid, Hill, Currier, Alt, and Chair Sweep. Others in attendance were Superintendent Gothard, Student Advisor Shreedaran, administrators and staff
Sweep welcomed the public and asked Luth to lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
Moved by Schmid, seconded by Alt, to approve the agenda with new business item B presented before new business item A. Motion carried (7, 0).
Moved by Hill , seconded by Luth, to approve the consent agenda as follows:
– Minutes of September 5, 2013, regular board meeting.
– Personnel changes for K. Borchert, C. Brett, B. Empting, K. Giliuson, J. Morgan, K. Salmela, M. Bousu, W. Morgan, L. DeLisi, R. Betting, A. Brunnelle, M. Christensen, L. Erickson, T. Kaisershot, R. Martinez, K. Soderholm, A. Wildes, L. Herman, K. McBride, S. Raichert, K. Roark, G. Simon, A. Kaahiye, T. Milinovich, K. Menge.
– Donation of four boxes of school supplies; two from Fairview Ridges Hospital and two boxes from ISD 191 staff; $36.00 from J. Swanberg, $180.00 from K. Volner, $16.15 from N. Rian, $57.69 from B. Sillmon, and three boxes of school supplies from L. Raley to Eagle Ridge Junior High.
– Approved August payroll checks numbered 717359-717387, and direct deposit notices numbered 510674-512401, in the net amount of $3,652,930.04. June, July, August, and September claims to date represented by checks numbered 426565-427198, 1008126-1008260, and 100837-100858 and wire transfers and adjustments totaling $7,395,357.99. Accepted receipts of $15,606,920.15 and investments for the General Fund, 2012A Alt Facilities, and OPEB of $61,392,342.35 as of August 31, 2013.
– Adopt a resolution regarding Legislative Committee establishment and Board member appointments.
– Schedule a special board meeting on September 30, 2013, at 7:30 a.m. at the ISD 191 Administrative Services Center (100 River Ridge Court, Burnsville, MN 55337) to Certify the Proposed Property Tax Levy Payable 2014 and to approve the date of the Truth in taxation Hearing to be held as part of the December 19, 2013, regular board meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Chair Sweep thanked our generous donors. Motion carried (7, 0).
Director Luth gave an oral report.
Received a report on the Summer EDGE programs from Community Education Director Tom Umhoefer and Project K.I.D.S. Director Shar Lattery.
Received a report onYouth Services/Youth Development from Community Education Director Tom Umhoefer and Youth Services Coordinator Fay Finn.
Moved by Currier, seconded by VandenBoom, to approve the Annual Report on Curriculum, Instruction, and Student Achievement as presented by Assistant Superintendent C. Amoroso, Curriculum Director K. Funston, Instruction Director D. Bernard, and Assessment Director D. Darsow. Motion carried (7, 0).
Moved by Hill, seconded by Schmid, to approve seasonal, casual, and temporary employee pay rates for the 2013-14 school year. Motion carried (7, 0).
An oral report was given by S. Shreedaran.
Moved by VandenBoom, seconded by Schmid, to adjourn to a board workshop at 7:39. The workshop will be followed by a closed session to discuss negotiation strategies. Motion carried (7, 0).
The workshop began at 7:45 p.m. and adjourned at 9:12 p.m.
The following items were discussed:
Overview of Project Management
Budget FY15 Guiding Change Document and Process
Date Approved: 10/3/2013
/s/ Bob VandenBoom
Bob VandenBoom, Clerk
Published in the
October 11, 2013
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 191