To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: [email protected].
Saturday, Oct. 12
Pancake breakfast by Synergy Dance Center, 8-11 a.m., Carbone’s, 10 North Eighth St., Farmington. All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast to support Synergy dancers’ trip to perform in the Disneyland Christmas Parade. Cost: $7.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
Open house by the Rosemount Fire Department, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Fire Station 1, 14700 Shannon Parkway, Rosemount.
Monday, Oct. 14
District 194 levy information meeting, 9:30 a.m., Eastview Elementary, 18060 Ipava Ave., Lakeville.
District 194 levy information meeting, 7 p.m., Orchard Lake Elementary, 16531 Klamath Trail, Lakeville.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
District 194 levy information meeting, 7 p.m., Christina Huddleston Elementary, 9569 175th St., Lakeville.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
Advance Care Planning Class, 1 p.m., third floor administration conference room, Park Nicollet, 14000 Fairview Drive, Burnsville. Free, but registration is required. Information/registration: Connie at 952-993-8739.
Thursday, Oct. 17
RESOLVE peer-led support group for those having difficulty conceiving or who have experienced miscarriage or loss, 6:30 p.m., 15025 Glazier Ave., Suite 200, Apple Valley. Information: Melissa Tapper, at 612-207-722, Sarah Pelinka at 612-203-8817, email [email protected].
“Exploring FamilySearch.org in Depth,” 7 p.m., Dakota County Historical Society, 130 Third Ave. N., South St. Paul. Speaker: Dr. Tom Rice. Sponsored by the Dakota County Genealogical Society. Information: Dick Thill, 651-248-9251.
Saturday, Oct. 19
Fall Foliage Frolic, 10 a.m. to noon, Patrick Eagan Park (off Lexington Avenue, down the hill from Diffley Road). Meet at the pavilion behind the Eagan Art House for a nature hike through Patrick Eagan Park. Hike led by Craig Mandel, a premier bird-watcher and nature guide from Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter. Hosted by Friends of the Eagan Core Greenway, www.eagancoregreenway.org. Contact: Val Jackson, 651-470-2687.
Spaghetti dinner and auction to benefit Apple Valley cancer patient Kimm Pray, 4:30-8:30 p.m. (auction), 5-7:30 p.m. (dinner), Savage American Legion Post 643, 12375 Princeton Ave., Savage. Musical entertainment: Whiskey and Prozac. Tickets: $10. Information: Ketti Green, [email protected], 763-482-2392.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Oct. 12, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Caribou Coffee, 3868 150th St., Rosemount.
• Oct. 12, 10:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Oct. 12, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Christiania Lutheran Church, 26691 Pillsbury Ave., Lakeville.
• Oct. 14, 2-7 p.m., Brunswick Zone XL, 11129 162nd St. W., Lakeville.
• Oct. 15, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Family of Christ Lutheran Church, 10970 185th St. W., Lakeville.
• Oct. 16, 1-7 p.m., Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 151 E. County Road 42, Burnsville.
• Oct. 16, noon to 6 p.m., Culver’s, 3445 O’Leary Lane, Eagan.
• Oct. 19, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan.
• Oct. 24, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. John the Baptist Catholic School, 12508 Lynn Ave., Savage.
Memorial Blood Centers will hold the following blood drives. Call 888-GIVE-BLD or visit MBC.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• Oct. 13, 9 a.m. to noon, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 20165 Heath Ave., Lakeville.
• Oct. 31, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Argosy University, 1515 Central Parkway, Eagan.