The city of Burnsville will hold its Arbor Day Tree Sale 7-10 a.m. Saturday, April 29, at 75 Civic Center Parkway.
Tree prices range from $20 to $55. The bare root trees are locally grown and vary in size from 5 to 12 feet. Quantities are limited to two trees per household. Only cash or checks will be accepted.
Native plants and shrubs will not be sold at the tree sale. They will be available at the “Native Plant Market” to be held on May 20.
The sale is for Burnsville residents only.
Tree sale tips:
• Prepare planting sites before attending the sale
• Call Gopher State One-Call (651-454-0002) to have utilities marked before digging
• Arrive early for the best selection
• Try to determine what trees you want before the sale
• Plan to plant bare root trees immediately
• Protect trees against damage from deer and rodents until they are well established; consider placing protection around them for the first few years
• Get a permit from the city if you plan to plant a tree within the boulevard/right-of-way on your property (15 feet in from the curb)
For a complete listing of available trees and pricing, visit www.burnsville.org/treesale.