Dakota County residents can recycle old appliances, electronics and more during Burnsville’s Spring Appliance & Electronics Drop-Off Day 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 3, at the Burnsville Maintenance Center, 13713 Frontier Court. The event is part of I Love Burnsville Week.
Some items are accepted for free, others have a per-item fee (cash or check only). Make checks payable to Certified Recycling.
Items accepted at the drop-off, which is coordinated by Dakota Valley Recycling, include:
• Appliances such as air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, humidifiers and water softeners ($13).
• Appliances such as washers, dryers, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, water heaters and other miscellaneous items ($8).
• Computer monitors and televisions ($20-$45 each).
• Miscellaneous electronics such as VCRs, DVD players, computers, computer accessories, stereos, digital cameras, fax equipment, or electronic gaming systems ($5 each).
• Scrap metal such as lawn, garden and power tools – all fluids must be drained ($0.04/pound.)
• Bicycles in any condition to be refurbished and donated (free).
Items not accepted at this event include: hazardous waste such as aerosols, household batteries, cleaners, paint, light bulbs, pesticides, etc.; furniture; mattresses or box springs; construction/demolition materials; vacuum cleaners; tires.
For more information and a full list of accepted items, visit www.DakotaValleyRecycling.org and search “I Love Burnsville.”