To submit items for the Family Calendar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, July 28
Friday Night Flicks on the Bricks – “Finding Dory,” rated PG, 7:30 p.m. seating, dusk showtime, Nicollet Commons Park in the Heart of the City, 12600 Nicollet Ave., Burnsville. Free.
Movies in the Park – “Finding Dory,” Lake Julia Park, 5105 187th St. W., Farmington. Movie begins at dusk. Free.
Saturday, July 29
Family Fishing, 10 a.m. to noon, Cleary Lake Regional Park, Prior Lake. Learn about types of fish, preparing equipment, bait, and handling the fish once they’re caught. Equipment and fishing license provided for class only. Cost: $6. Reservations required by two days prior to the program at 763-559-6700.
Pioneer Olympics, 2-3:30 p.m., Cleary Lake Regional Park, Prior Lake. Throw an atlatl, toss an axe like a lumberjack, and try other games and activities. Learn about historic people in Minnesota. Equipment provided. Cost: $8. Reservations required by two days prior to the program at 763-559-6700.
Sunday, July 30
Adopted Friends event, 1 p.m., Kelley Park, 6855 Fortino St., Apple Valley. Play and splash. Go to Culver’s if bad weather. Local group for support and fun for adoptive families.
Tuesday, Aug. 1
Consumer law clinic, 1-4 p.m., Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley. Get help with consumer law matters such as debt collection, garnishment, credit issues, foreclosures, contracts and conciliation court with a free 30-minute consultation from a volunteer attorney. This clinic is a joint program of Legal Assistance of Dakota County, the Dakota County Family Court and the Dakota County Law Library. Call 952-431-3200 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
National Night Out Party, 5-7 p.m., Golden Ridge Stables, 8315 190th St. W., Lakeville. Pony rides, horse and riding demonstrations and games. Free event runs rain or shine. More is at www.GoldenRidgeStables.com, 952-469-4640.
Wednesday, Aug. 2
Eagan Market Fest – The Art Experience, 4-8 p.m., Eagan Festival Grounds at Central Park, 1501 Central Parkway. Farmers market, entertainment by The Tuxedo Band. Information: www.cityofeagan.com/marketfest or 651-675-5500.
Thursday, Aug. 3
Rockin’ Readers rain makeup date, 11:15 a.m. at Nicollet Commons Park, 12600 Nicollet Ave., Burnsville. Books are geared toward elementary and preschool children. Free.
Rockin’ Lunch Hour rain makeup date, noon, Nicollet Commons Park, 12600 Nicollet Ave., Burnsville. Free.
Free divorce clinic, 1-4 p.m., Galaxie Library, 14055 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley. Get help with divorce paperwork. Presented by the Dakota County Law Library, Legal Assistance of Dakota County, the Minnesota Justice Foundation, and volunteer attorneys and law students. Registration required. Call 952-431-3200.
Saturday, Aug. 5
Youth Shoot, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Dakota County Gun Club range, 17501 Station Trail, Rosemount. Equipment provided. Free. Ages: 16 and younger. Information: dakotacountygunclub.org/Youth_Shoot.html.
DFL Hog Roast and Hootenanny, 3-8 p.m., rural Farmington. Donation: $20 adults, $10 children. Information: www.dfl58.org/party.
Movies in the Park, “Finding Dory,” at dusk at the Central Park Amphitheater near City Hall, Rosemount. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. Weather-related updates: 651-322-6020, option 6.
Marriage Encounter, Aug. 12-14, Mt. Olivet Conference and Retreat Center, Farmington. Registration required. Information: 651-454-3238 or www.marriages.org.
Eagan parkrun, a free weekly timed 5K run, 9 a.m. Saturdays at Thomas Lake Park, 4350 Thomas Lake Road, Eagan. Rain or shine. To get a time recorded and stored online, register at www.parkrun.us/register and bring your barcode with you. Information: www.parkrun.us/eagan.
Emotions Anonymous, 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays at SouthCross Community Church, 1800 E. County Road 42 (at Summit Oak Drive), Apple Valley. EA is a 12-step program for those seeking emotional health. All are welcome. Information: http://www.emotionsanonymous.org/out-of-the-darkness-walks.
Recovery International, 3 p.m. Tuesdays at Mary, Mother of the Church (Room 9), 3333 Cliff Road, Burnsville. Park in lower lot. Self-help group for depression, anxiety, fears, panic attacks, anger and more. Information: Rita at 952-890-7623 or www.recoveryinternational.org.
Al-Anon Finding Hope Beginners Group, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mary, Mother of the Church, 3333 Cliff Road, Burnsville. Troubled by someone’s drinking? Al-Anon can help. More information: al-anon-alateen-msp.org.
Horse Day Camp, Aug. 7-10, Golden Ridge Stables, 8315 190th St. W., Lakeville. “Hands and seat on” day camp for ages 8-13 learning how to safely work with a horse on the ground and riding. Indoor facility. Games, learning activities, and crafts. More is at www.GoldenRidgeStables.com, 952-469-4640.
The American Red Cross will hold the following blood drives. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• July 28, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Trustone Financial, 14300 Nicollet Court, Suite 100, Burnsville.
• July 29, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Caribou Coffee, 3868 150th St., Rosemount.
• July 31, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Family Vision Clinic, 4200 County Road 42 W., Savage.
• Aug. 1, 1-7 p.m., Mary, Mother of the Church, 3333 Cliff Road, Burnsville.
• Aug. 1, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Culver’s, 4725 Highway 13 W., Savage.
• Aug. 2, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Eagan City Hall, 3830 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan.
• Aug. 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn, 1975 Rahncliff Court, Eagan.
• Aug. 2, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Lakeview Elementary School, 20500 Jacquard Ave., Lakeville.
• Aug. 2, 1-7 p.m., Trinity Evangelical Free Church, 10658 210th St. W., Lakeville.
• Aug. 3, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 7800 W. County Road 42, Apple Valley.
• Aug. 3, 12-6 p.m., Mt. Olivet Assembly of God Church, 14201 Cedar Ave. S., Apple Valley.
• Aug. 3, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, 12650 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley.
• Aug. 4, 12-6 p.m., AMC Classic 15 Theatres, 15630 Cedar Ave., Apple Valley.
• Aug. 4, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Culver’s, 17800 Kenwood Trail, Lakeville.
• Aug. 4-5, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Evergreen Church, 16165 Kenwood Trail, Lakeville.
• Aug. 5, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan.
Memorial Blood Centers will hold the following blood drive. Call 1-888-GIVE-BLD (1-888-448-3253) or visit mbc.org to make an appointment or for more information.
• July 31, 8:30 a.m. to noon, Firefly Credit Union, 1400 Riverwood Drive, Burnsville.