Fire leaves Eagan home with extensive damage

Photos by city of Eagan

A mechanical or electrical failure appears to be the cause of a fire that did extensive damage to a home at 535 Chapel Lane in Eagan late last night, according to Eagan Fire Chief Mike Scott.

The fire started around 10:30 p.m. as smoke was reportedly seen in the house, and all six people in the house at the time exited it safely on their own. By the time crews arrived flames were visible from the roof of the home.

Firefighters from each of Eagan’s three stations responded to the blaze along with a crew from Mendota Heights until about 3 a.m. when the scene was cleared.

There were no injuries.

The house received extensive fire and water damage and is not able to be occupied. The Red Cross assisted the home occupants with temporary shelter.

Scott said the fire is not suspicious and appears to be electrical or mechanical in nature.