Community

Those who’ve made a weekly ritual of stopping by the farmers market outside the Apple Valley Municipal Center in the summer months have something to look forward to this winter. The St. Paul Farmers Market, which hosts the outdoor market in Apple Valley, announced last week it will be holding indoor market events at the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

School Board recommends some changes Compelling first-hand accounts of situations Lakeville North and South High School principals encountered after student deaths changed School Board plans regarding the district’s new memorial policy. Lakeville Area School Board members were considering removing the policy approved in April after hearing from parents and others upset about its various restrictions. [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Lakeville City Council agrees on some priorities, debates others  Lakeville City Council members made strides toward agreeing on 2015 budget priorities, including a possible consensus for a 4.7 percent levy increase in 2015 during an Oct. 14 workshop. Council members also agreed to a number of fee increases next year that Finance Director Dennis Feller [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Roche leading effort to recruit new businesses to city New Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce President Tim Roche is leading an effort to review its goals with the potential of refining focus and expanding the chamber’s direction. He said he has met with city staff members dozens of times, and they have been discussing ways [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The staff of Sun Thisweek and the Dakota County Tribune apologize for the inconvenience as the office’s direct phone lines not working. People may dial the main switchboard at 952-894-1111 to have your call answered. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Until the problem is resolved, people can contact specific [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Download coupon for 50% off one item – then head to your favorite Goodwill store and brew up an awesome costume for less. By Sarah Carlson Editor, Real Housewives of Minnesota Every year, I tell myself that I’m going to top last year’s Halloween costumes. I aim to be craftier, trendier – and most importantly, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Brought to you by
up arrow
up arrow