Community

Seventh-grade students learn about beekeeping by Kelly Roche Special to Sun Thisweek Dakota County Tribune Beez Kneez, a Minnesota education group advocating on behalf of bees during the current critical bee population crash, came to St. Joseph Church’s parish school in Rosemount to educate seventh-graders on the care of bees, and their importance to Minnesota [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

St. Joseph holds annual ecumenical event, many more planned throughout Dakota County People may take for granted the ways in which the pets entrusted to their care enhance their daily lives. From dogs encouraging their owners to take them on walks to cats perching up on a lap for a little of that human touch, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Building would be attached to Steeple Center Though a bid to construct a proposed activity center addition to the city-owned Steeple Center is 1.1 percent over the projected budget amount, the Rosemount City Council approved the bid at its Monday, Oct. 7 meeting. The bid of $2.39 million from Ebert Construction of Corcoran exceeded the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Things were buzzing Saturday after the Rosemount High School marching band won the 2014 Class AAA Youth in Music championship in Farmington. The group’s 2014 program – “The Queen,” built on music from Stravinsky’s “The Rite of Spring,” Imogen Heap’s “Aha!,” “The Flight of the Bumblebee” and “God Save the Queen” – topped a field [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Veterans draped in Quilts of Valor by Sue Austreng Sun Thisweek Dakota County Tribune Eagan resident Rose Dukatz sees her older brother as her hero. “He’s my brother, my father, my best friend,” Dukatz said, describing the heroic role Richard Hirschey played in her life as the two were raised by a single mother in [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Three years ago Julie Manthe of Eagan faced the heart-wrenching experience of a miscarriage. It was late in the day and her doctor at HealthPartners in St. Paul was unavailable. That’s when Manthe met Dee Albert, a nurse midwife. Unaware that modern midwives existed, Manthe had never gone to one before and was immediately impressed [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow