Community

A former associate pastor at Mary, Mother of the Church in Burnsville is among the former Catholic priests on a newly disclosed list of sexual abusers. Harry Majerus – Mary, Mother’s associate pastor from 1971 to 1980 – is one of the 17 with “substantiated claims” against them of sexually abusing a minor while they [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

A Burnsville man was hospitalized following a one-vehicle accident last week on Interstate 35 in Rice County. Benjamin O. Nyakundi, 38, was transported to North Memorial Medical Center in Minneapolis with “non-life-threatening” injuries following the crash at about 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21. According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Nyakundi was traveling north when he [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The annual Haunted Woods Trail in Rosemount attracted a huge turnout of children and families to Central Park for the event that had local community organizations and businesses handing out candy and other items to participants who walked around the park. The first family in line showed up at about 4:30 p.m. for the event [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Heaven, hell, nirvana — Eagan author D.D. Lanz examines ideas of an afterlife as well as humanity’s natural fear of death his new fiction “Going, going, gone: A Journey into the Hereafter.” Faced with terminal lung cancer, Lanz’s character, John Janne, plans his own suicide, which he intends to look like an accident during a [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The Rosemount High School marching band earned second place in Class AAA and awards for Outstanding Visual Performance and Outstanding General Effect during the Bands of America competition last weekend at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Mo. The top 14 bands were selected to perform in the finals competition on Saturday evening where [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Download coupon for 50% off one item – then head to your favorite Goodwill store and brew up an awesome costume for less. By Sarah Carlson Editor, Real Housewives of Minnesota Every year, I tell myself that I’m going to top last year’s Halloween costumes. I aim to be craftier, trendier – and most importantly, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Brought to you by
up arrow
up arrow